Griffith Family Health and Convenient Care Center provides quality health care for the entire family at an affordable price.
Services available include:
- Well Child Exams
- Well Woman Exams (Pap Smears/Family Planning)
- Annual Complete Physical Exams
- Athletic/School Physicals
- Treatment of acute illness including, but not limited to:
|sinus, ear, throat and urinary tract infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma, influenza, skin rashes, boils, abscesses
- Minor Emergency Care (lacerations, sprains, strains)
- Biopsy of skin lesions, changing moles
- Management of high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, thyroid disorders, anemia, osteoarthritis
- Immunizations Flu/Pneumonia Vaccines
- Tetanus Boosters
|*Griffith Family Health does NOT provide prenatal care or treat chronic pain or anxiety.
Lana Griffith, MSN, FNP-C has worked in healthcare as a nurse for over
years. She completed her Masters of Science degree in Nursing from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston in 2001 and has worked as a Family Nurse Practitioner in Family Practice and Internal Medicine. Mrs. Griffith has also served as a faculty member for the UTMB-Galveston Graduate School of Nursing as a clinical instructor for nurse practitioner students. Mrs. Griffith is credentialed through the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Certified Family Nurse Practitioner. She is a member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners as well as the Texas Nurse Practitioners Organization. While obtaining various levels of her nursing education, Mrs. Griffith was a member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing at the undergraduate and graduate levels, Phi Kappa Phi Society International Scholastic Order as well as Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
Mrs. Griffith is married to Coach Steve Griffith. They have three children, Morgan, Sydney and Gage. The Griffith family resides in Little Cypress. They enjoy baseball and attend games from t-ball to college and beyond to follow past, present and future baseball legends. The family enjoys watching and supporting all sorts of other high school sports in Orange County and surrounding areas as well.
Jeremy Huff, DO. is Mrs. Griffith's Collaborating Physician.
Randall Locke, RN, MSN, FNP-C obtained his bachelor's degree in nursing at Lamar University
and completed his master's degree through McNeese State University's family nurse practitioner
program. Mr. Locke is credentialed as a board certified family nurse practitioner by the American
Academy of Nurse Practitioners. Randall Locke brings a wealth of experience to family practice
with a background as an ICU registered nurse at Christus St. Elizabeth hospital and is passionate
about helping families maintain optimal health.
Mr. Locke and his wife Melissa have two children, Mikayla and Easton. He is a graduate of
Orangefield High School, where he played baseball and basketball. He continues to be active
in sports and outdoor activities of all kinds. He is also active in his local church and community.
Jeremy Huff, DO. is Mr. Locke's Collaborating Physician.
What is a Nurse Practitioner?
A Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse (RN) with advanced training in diagnosing and treating illness. NPs prescribe medications, treat illness, and administer physical exams. NPs differ from physicians in that they focus on prevention, wellness, and education. NPs specialize in providing all encompassing individualized care.
Why Choose a Nurse Practitioner?
Nurse Practitioners provide patients with the information they need to make decisions about their own health. NPs take the time to listen to patients' concerns, health and otherwise.
NPs concentrate on preventative health care. NPs provide individualized, holistic (all encompassing) care. Services provided by NPs include:
* Obtain medical histories and perform physical examinations
* Provide immunizations and other preventative child care
* Diagnose and treat illnesses
* Identify, treat, and manage chronic diseases such as diabetes and arthritis
* Order and interpret diagnostic tests such as x-rays, blood work, and EKGs
* Prescribe medications
* Prescribe physical therapy, massage therapy, and other rehabilitation therapy
* Provide education to allow patients to make decisions about their own health
* Perform procedures such as suturing, casting, cryotherapy, and skin biopsy
* Refer to other health care providers
Griffith Family Health is now credentialed on most major insurances including (but not limited to) Medicare, Blue Cross, Cigna, United, Unicare, Aetna and CHIPS. Reduced rates are available to patients without insurance. A new patient visit is $100 and an established visit is $75. Injections or lab charges would be additional if needed, but are also reduced for uninsured patients.